Subject: M5 meter.
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 97 15:07:00 GMT

Out of curiosity I had a look at a Leica M5 in a local dealer the
other day, and was confused about the meter.  The camera
didn't have a battery in so this may have affected it, but I could
see no sign of the swing-out meter arm at all.  (Yes I took the
lens off, and yes I did windon!).  I was expecting to see something
like the meter arm on my CL but not only could I not see it, I
couldn't see where it could have been hiding!  Does not having
a battery installed prevent the meter arm from swinging out?

Other than that I was quite impressed by this camera.  It is a lot
heavier and bigger than the other M's, but the bigger and easier to
use shutter speed wheel, and the speed readout in the viewfinder
seemed good ideas that are sadly lacking from the M6.

Simon.