Subject: 135/1:2.8 R
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 20:46:54 -0600

At 05:48 PM 11/17/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear LUG,

>Has anybody any experiences with those three lenses? How do they=20
>compare in quality?

The current 135 Elmarits (M and R) are optically identical. They are fully
Leica lenses in a focal length that doesn't get much respect in SLR
circles. I used to have the R version, and had no complaints whatsoever. In
fact, it was that lens, and the 50 Summicron that got me to fall in love
with Leica. (Long ago).
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Thought for the day:
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 As always, avoid alliteration