Subject: Re: Airport Security?
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:26:14 -0500

Bill Barrett wrote:

<<<<<But it sounds like maybe you can insist in Canada, or at least Quebec.
Is that the law, Ted, or did you just manage to convince them to do
it?>>>>>>

Bill,

Generally Canadians are pretty cool dealing with photographers and when you
ask for a hand inspection they'll do it.  In many of our smaller towns and
cities they don't have x-ray equipment and they only do hand checks. They
do have the walk through metal detectors though.

I don't know that a hand check is the law if asked to have it done, but
I've never heard of anyone of them refusing. And the story from Montreal
where the security guy put all my film to go through the machine after I
asked that it not, was just one of the mental midget minimum wage morons
that unfortunately get hired for our flying safety!

ted