Subject: Re: was : Salgado & assnt. & TV crew!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 02:39:10 -0500

Donal wrote:

<<<Well, when the foundation brought up my being on set, the film crew
director threatened to refuse to do the job if a still photographer was
to be on set--too disruptive, cause too many problems, etc.>>>>

Hi Donal,

I had a similar experience with a director getting all uppity about me
going to shoot stills during a video commercial production after I had been
assigned. So all of a sudden it was, "well Ted the director says......."

My response was very quick!  "Tell the director when he has done as many
Hollywood movie production and promotion work as I have, then maybe I'll
let him film along side while I'm shooting!"

It kind of put things in a slightly different perspective. "And if he'd
like a Hollywood reference I'll give him John Travolta's phone number and
he can call him!" :)

Guess who shot while the TV commercial was being shot! :)

Man it's great when you can stick it to some of these two bit TV directors
when they think the world bows to their every whim! :)

Gets easier after the first 40 years! :)

ted