Subject: Re: R8 "F" Metering
From: hmphoto <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:01:01 +0000

Eric,

I also found it very impressive that the R8 gave the same reading as the
Minolta, as that seldome happened with my Canon gear.

About the Flash voltage problem, Lumedyne makes a thing called the
Lumedyne sync filter , part # 088.   This is to keep you from frying your
camera with external strobes.  I use White Lightning Ultra strobes for my
location lighting and White Lightning reccomended this thing.  I have
both the old heads tripping at a whopping 120 volts and the  newer ones
at 25 volts.  Thank Goodness I was using one of the new heads Tuesday!!!

Lumedyne's # is (813) 847-5394.  It is probably a good investment to
protect a $2,000+ camera.  Of course if you use a Radio Slave you don't
have to worry about the flash voltage thing, or so I've been told.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto