Subject: Re: Alf / Vet. & Remembrance & Sniping!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:56:49 -0500

Marvin wrote:

<<<<but today is both Veterans & Canadian Remembrance Day and a good time
to put all this insanity to an end.  What say you guys !  Enuf is enuf
!>>>>

Marvin,

I concur whole heartedly! It does seem, and we somehow do this in-house
beat=up every once in awhile, most famlies do. But gee whiz folks we seem
to be sniping a bit too much at each other this past week or so. Can we
please all take a deep breath?

Relax and forget the inadvertant words that came across in not quite what
they meant or another has read then responded in a "get even" manner due to
misreading. Only worsening the situation.

This E-communication system is unique and wonderful, however it is not as
wonderful as "live conversation"!  Where something is said, possibly taken
the wrong way and in a moment can be corrected by live words.

You see there isn't a father or mother in here who can say, "Damn! if you
kids don't knock it off , your into the wood shed for a good smack".

So lets put aside the "what was said - how it was taken - how it was
responded to" touchyness and defensive word process for a moment,
remembering we are all "not perfect human beings." And on occaision we are
not great wordsmiths.  What we write doesn't always come off in how we
would mean using live words!

So OK folks , boys and girls or girls and boys :) lets get the family back
on track and leave the sniping behind the woodshed. Thank you.

ted