Subject: OFF TOPIC: Minolta 9xi sync speed
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:43:18 -0500

At 02:30 PM 11-11-97 +0000, you wrote:
>> At 01:34 PM 10-11-97 -0600, Eric wrote:
>> >
>> >True, but the slower the film, the easier it is to fill-flash. I'd go for
>> >an M6E with 1/250 flash sync. There is one camera I know of that flash
>> >syncs. higher with a focal shutter - Nikon F5 - 1/300.
>> >==========
>>
>> The Minolta 9xi also syncs at 1/300 with dedicated flashes.
>>
>> Dan C.
>>

>	Minolta 9xi syncs at 1/300 with ANY flash

Hmm....Let me quote to you from the manual that came with my 9xi.

"1/300 second can be selected either manually or automatically, only if a
dedicated flash accessory flash is attached and the flash is turned on"

Under Miscellaneous Flash Notes:

"The camera's threaded PC terminal accepts PC-type sync cords from
non-dedicated flash units or flash units that do not have a hot-shoe
contact.  When you connect a sync cord to the PC terminal, set the shutter
speed to 1/250 sec or slower."

I use me 9xi often times in a studio with sync cords.  I assure you, the
sync speed in these situations is 1/250, NOT 1/300 sec.

Dan C.