Subject: Re: Frans Lanting/previsualization
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 07:57:46 -0600

At 10:53 PM 11/10/97 -0800, you wrote:
>At 11:34 PM 11/10/97 +0000, HM wrote:

>presentation. He lives about 30 miles from me. But the word
>"pre-visualization" sounds like an oxymoron to me. You can visualize
>something, but how can you do it before you actually do it? ;-)

You are correct. Previsualization is redundant. Ansel Adams, in a letter to
Ralph Steiner (that ran in Camera Arts Magazine - now there was a
magazine!), talked about how he was always found it humorous that the word
"visualization" that he used for the Zone system was so often misused.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You'll get what's coming to you ... Unless mailed