Subject: Re: And The Minox ML of course
From: "dbledsoe" <dbledsoe@micron.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 05:57:19 -0700

> From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
>>> I just had a look in various places on my computer- I thought I had
saved a list of the Minox 35s and their main features and was going to
respond to your question with all the information you could possibly want,
and more. But I couldn't find it! But be wary, with these Minox 35 cameras,
of assuming they are all  fairly comprehensive designs- at least one of
them, and it may have been the PL, was lacking in something fairly basic-
it may even have been focusing adjustment! And there was one that had
program exposure only. If you get stuck I can phone Leica UK where
apparently someone knows all about the Minox 35s.<<

It was not the PL that was lacking anything.  In fact it was a first step
for Minox in that it included a programmed auto exposure mode as well as
the aperture priority AE mode.

I think the Minox you are referring to as lacking something would be the
AL.  This was an attempt at a simple camera for the masses.  It features
programmed auto exposure only and a focus system with symbols instead of
feet/meters and a zone scale i.e., symbols of a mountain, a face, etc.  In
addition the AL was offered in the typical Minox black body and a new white
body.