Subject: Re: Re: Leica point and shoots.
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 20:01:46 -0500 (EST)

One reasons I won't buy any of the Leica P&S's is that they're all closed
boxes. We can't use an external flash unit. We can't control film rewind --
as far as I know. The shutter speeds are usually not indicated in the
viewfinder on the models I checked out. And I prefer a minimum aperture of
2.8 (except for the Minilux at a prodigous cost), which none of the zooms
have. I assume new versions will improve or incorporate these features. I
wrote to Solms about the unsealing of the Leica compacts some months ago.

Hot shoes on all Leica P&S's!

Bob