Subject: Re: Leica logo
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 23:31:05 -0500 (EST)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's possible that Leica management decided that a liberal use precedent
might take the Leica logo from their control. Then some other outfit might
run with it to Leica's detriment. Sure, our present membership is dedicated
to Leica products, but we can't insure that some future membership may not
become unreasonably critical or even destructive to Leica Solms, even if it
had the best intentions and still produced the finest precision photographic
equipment extant. Then a Leica-like logo would be counterproductive. Leica is
the last company we'd want to lose.

We have creative people among us who can design a good logo for LUG. A few
years ago I created one for a hopeful straight photography subgroup within
the splendid Photoforum list. It could be adapted to LUG's needs. I stamp all
my straight silver prints with my original logo.

Bob