Subject: Re: Off topic -- digital
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 23:16:19 -0600

At 08:18 AM 11/7/97 -0500, you wrote:

>ask.=A0 Anyone have experience=A0 doing B&W digitally?=A0 It really would=
 be nice
>to have TCN400 developed by my local processor and then work on prints
>digitally.

You have $8,000 for a good dye sub printer? If not, go for the darkroom.
And as far as I am concerned, I can make more beautiful prints in a
darkroom than on Photoshop with such a dye sub printer. If I didn't need to
work digitally for work, I wouldn't for black and white at all. Color is
another subject. Black and white just doesn't have the tonal modulation
that chemical prints give. Today's printing papers are sublime. Competition
is good!
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO