Subject: Roll Call professions
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 09:11:06 +0000

Hi Guys.

Like Ted, I've find the roll call absolutely fascinating, though as I've
got a Mac at work and one at home, the list is split between them. This
makes it difficult for me to analyse the replies as a whole.

Is it my imagination, or is the LUG list skewed towards several major
professional groups?

i.e.

Medics (and related disciplines)
Lawyers
University academics

and, of course, there are plenty of pro photographers around.

If there is this bias, it wouldn't be at all surprising from the viewpoint
of high levels of education and income(?) evidenced by the roll call.
Leicas ain't cheap by and large, and tend to appeal to the sophisticated
end of the spectrum.

Anyone out there with the complete roll call got the time and inclination
to do a quick and dirty analysis?

At least there's only one retired adman crunching numbers for an Irish
floristry business ;-?

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst