Subject: Re: Cardish/Crux/Lenses
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 17:57:28 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-11-06 17:30:09 EST, Dan Cardish wrote:

<<  The pictures were really quite close.  What is
 interesting is a comparison between the 50 Summilux and 50 DR Summicron!  I
 can see differences (not necessarily good or bad) between them!
 In those few words, Dan has really hit the crux of the matter ------------
 "not necessarily good or bad" but different.

 Comparing one lens to another is fine if you have nothing better to do but
- ------
 I have rarely seen a great picture that would be greater if another
comparable
 lens was used.  Focal length & speed - Yes, if you need it but comparing the
 Summilux at f:2 to the Summicron at f:2 is a subjective opinion and it would
be
 like a mother comparing one child to her other ---different but not
neccessarily
 any better.

 and so quote the raven,
 Marvin Moss