Subject: pocket cameras (fwd)
From: Thomas Pastorello <tmp@mailbox.syr.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 20:05:19 -0500 (EST)

Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:44:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Thomas  Pastorello <tmp@mailbox.syr.edu>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: pocket cameras

Dear Leica-users,
  While I'm hot, I'd like to float another question.  Sometimes, I wish to
carry with me only a small pocket camera.  I used to have what I consider
the very best for my needs: the Contax-T.  For those of you who don't know
it, it was a true range-finder and non-AF.  I was foolish to sell it.
(The other big mistake of my photographic hobby life was to sell my
Plaubel Makina 6x7 with Nikkor 80mm f2.8 lens.  Even Hasselblad can't
match its image quality.)
   My pocket camera must be able to focus through glass display cases,
have manual as well as AF focus (or only manual RF -- used mint cameras
are fine) and be fast (ideally f2.8 or better, but I would go to 3.5 if
all other criteria are me.)  Any suggestions?  The Leica Mini f2.4 was a
disappointment becuase of its active AF which won't focus into glass
displays and because of poor red-eye reduction.  Does anyone have a truly
mint Contax-T they want to sell me?  Thanks for any advice.
                 Tom Pastorello, Ph.D.
                 Syracuse University, NY, USA