Subject: Re: Leica M6 vs nikon FM/FM2
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:54:26 +0100

First of all you need to find our for yourself, whether you shoot better pix
(in general) with a VF/RF or SRL. It's individual, and cannot be transferred
between persons.

I'm happy with my FM, the 2/35 and the 2/85. The FM is a small, fast and
reliable body. Took a lot of bumping and worked very nice during the last
20+ years. The Nikon's glass quality is nice also, although there is a minor
lack in contrast, color saturation and sharpness. Both lenses are warm
lenses, and in contrast to the corresponding M Summicrons (35, 90 mm). Most
probably you will miss the typical M Leica glass 3D impression. The FM's
shutter is more loud than the M's.

Alf