Subject: VISO: The Short Answer
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 20:21:05 -0500

The Visoflex is a reflex housing -- that is, it is a mirror housing which
turns the RF Leica into a sort of quite primitive SLR.

It can be used for macro work either with a bellows or with normal lenses.
Or it can be used for work with longer lenses.

The PLOOT and VISO I were the original types;  the Viso II, IIa, and III
were later, slimmed-down, versions.  The Bellows I is for the PLOOT and
Viso I, the Bellows II for the later two.

The 65mm Elmar and all of the Telyt-V lenses were designed for Viso use.
Some of the 135mm lenses were available in short mounts for Viso use, as well.

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315