Subject: Re: R8 & standards
From: Luiz Otavio Marinho <lmarinho@br2001.com.br>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:54:31 -0200

>This is the first ALL LEICA slr to come out in two decades. Surely we have
>to give Leica some time to work out the bugs. Leica isn't big enough to
>beta test a camera like the F5 was. And still, the F5 came out with one
>significant problem that still dogs some people a year later. (Battery
>drain). Let's not condemn Leica for a problem related more the the size of
>the company and trying something new after 20 years. They make good on
>every problem, while Nikon is denying there is a problem in some circles to
>this day.=20
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 Unfortunally, I have to agree with you... I have one of these F5 betas...
And the=20
AUTHORIZED DEALER or should I call NIKON ADVANCED REPAIR CENTER(or
something like that), wants US$ 160 to repair the problem(battery drain)...
The problem from NIKON JAPAN not from LUIZ MARINHO.=20
=20
 I don=B4t need to say that I HATE nikon, but sometimes it is what I need to
use...

 I wish someday I have enough "sucess" to use only what I feel like
using... Leicas M and nothing more...

 Regards,

=20

=20