Subject: Re: I respectfully disagree with Ted ;-)
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 11:13:29 -0500

Jorg:

You are quite right, Ted is modest. That photograph is nothing if not an
example of great god-given talent mixed with great personally developed
skill. BUT, part of his talent was knowing the moment. Which is being there
to make the luck work.

<I refuse to accept that luck is involved>

Who is credited with writing "Chance favors the prepared mind"? I think it
was Linus Pauling. Great discoveries, like great photographs reveal
themselves to anyone there for the looking, but you prepare yourself to be
ready to see them when they arrive. Ted, Tina, Mike Hintlian are just
extrodinarily well prepared.

Tom