Subject: Seven Years in Tibet
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:31:51 -0800

LUGnuts:
Had pleasure of seeing Seven Years in Tibet, the movie, last night.
Watching the credits at the end I had the pleasure also of seeing Eric
Valli and Diane Sommers names.  As famous photographers and Leica
shooters (and acquaintances of Ian Stanley, furthermore) it was exciting
to see them involved.  The credits went quickly, so I don't remember
their roles, but I think Diane was billed as a director.

I have not read the books in years, but it seems to me Heirich Harrer
found a old Leica and some limited quantities of movie film unexposed
and made pictures.  But no Leicas in the movie.  Perhaps I am confused
with another story.

Worth seeing for me.

Donal Philby
San Diego