Subject: Noctilux
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:22:30 -0500

Phil Payne wrote:

<<<<Yeah - but you don't do that.  At least, I don't.  Might as well use a
Summilux.>>>>

Hi Phil,

That's the point of owning a Noctilux. Why would anyone worry about what
happens beyond 1.?  If they bought a multi-thousand dollar lens because it
is f.1, why would they consider what happens after closing it down? As you
say, they might as well buy a "whatever it is 50mm" lens for a much cheaper
price.

I use mine most of time on indoor available light assignments or at night
out doors and as often as I can at f.1. It is so amazing at f.1 with the
look of the prints, (B&W) is there any other in people and available
darkness exisiting light? :)

<<with classic composition rules giving them something to relate to in the
darker corners.>>>>

The darkened corners are part of the "Noctilux look", saves burning in
corners during printing and the lens does it much better than fiddling in
the darkroom. :)  Does in mine anyway! :)

ted