Subject: Roll Call
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:23:14 -0500

Duane Birkey
Born and raised on a farm in Illinois
32 years old
Married to my college sweetheart almost 8 years
2yr old daughter

Photographer and Manager of a one man in-house photo department for an
evangelical mission and international radio station HCJB World Radio
located in Quito Ecuador.  Have lived overseas almost 5 years.

Least favorite assignments.  Surgery, patients with unusual tumors,
lesions or missing body parts due to snakebites etc.  Family portraits
with 5 kids under the age of 5.  Favorite assignments, photographing
and writing about the Church in Cuba and Pastor's workshops in Peru.

My family portraits grace thousands of refrigerators and bulletin
boards around the world.  Have had work published in 14 other
Evangelical Mission's organizations publications including several
covers.  I've done photos for numerous music cd's and that is growing
to about one shoot every other week, also did my first complete catalog
shoot  (Vogel electric guitars (made in Ecuador)) this month.

Recently bought new:  an M-6 and 50 Summicron
Can't decide between a 35mm  Summilux, Summilux ASPH, Summicron or
Summicron ASPH.
Will buy one of the above and a 75mm Summilux,  maybe a 24 and another
body and a rapid winder, if budget permits on the next trip to states.

Have 3 Canon F-1n's and have sold all but 9 of my FD lenses.
An EOS 1n and Elan II  (I decided to forgo a second 1n to buy M stuff)
and the three 2.8L zooms.
Sold and am still selling my Hasselblad kit to finance the purchase of
M stuff as well.
4x5 and Nikkor lenses for really  big negs or where movements are
needed.

Camera collector and first year LHSA member specializing mostly in
mechanical 35mm cameras without meters. Have 80 or 90 different cameras
in that category, no Leica, Canon or Nikon.

Owned 2 M-3's, a R-3, a SL and a few lenses, but sold them to buy a
Canon equipment for my work.  I'm still kicking myself.

Favorite films:  FUJI Provia 100 and Tmax 100

Car:  82 Trooper, it  gets me where I'm going and sometimes back.

Almost killed while taking photos:  three times.

Thrown up while taking photos:  twice