Subject: Re: Singapore, Nepal, Malaysia
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:56:40 +0000

At 06:20 PM 28/10/97 -0800, you wrote:
>At 11:04 AM 10/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Well, next week I'm off for a month to Nepal for a trekking holiday, and
>>will be spending some time in Sangapore and a week in Malaysia at the end.
>>I'll be using my Leica M's for chromes and the 'big Leica' (Mamiya M6) and
>>a Noblex for colour negs.
>>
>>Any suggestions from LUGers on what to see in Singapore and Malaysia would
>>be very appreciated. In Malaysia we will be based in Mersing, but will rent
>>a car to get around. I've been in Singapore before, but each time less than
>>a day, so saw very little. I plan to see our man in Kathmandu, Ian Stanley,
>>while I'm there, after having had a delightful visit with him when he came
>>to Vancouver this summer.
>>
>>TIA
>>

>>   *            Henning J. Wulff
>>  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
>> /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com
>> |[ ]|     http://www.archiphoto.com
>>

>dear mr. wulff- i hear that the smog due to the "forest fire" is terrible in
>both singapore and malaysia... just a note of concern from a fellow lugger...
>    miguel from the philippines

Not to worry Mr Wulff.  Yan Zhan and I are looking forward to meeting you.
The haze is up and down.  It seems to be better these past few days.  We
are getting some rain and it helps.   If too much haze gets into the lungs,
we just cough it out again :).

The US$ is very strong in this region.  Lots of buying power for touristas.
 Unless you are burnt in the NY stock exchange this is a golden opportunity
to pick up some bargains.  Imagine a Hasselblad 503CW body is going for
about US$1400 brand new and  I heard that a 35/2 ASPH is cheaper than the
US price brand new with international warranty.  It's worth a bit of haze
in the system.  After all we breathe it in day and night.

Dan K.