Subject: Wetzlar / Solms M6?
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 97 09:54:00 GMT

Another question on M6's but a different slant to this one!

I have been offered an M6 outfit at an attractive price, but the
body is an old one.  It is apparently from the first production
year, and comes from the Wetzlar factory.  Is this something
to be concerned about?  Is the Solms factory known to turn
out higher quality product, and are there any design changes
between early and current M6's?

Incidentally, the outfit is a black M6, 35 and 50 Summicrons,
and a 90 Elmarit-M all for 1650 pounds (about US$2650).
I haven't seen it yet so it may be beaten up, but on face value
it seems a good price - would you agree?

Simon.