Subject: Re: Leica R questions
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:24:36 -0500

Jim Brick wrote:

<<<This I really do not understand (not your statement, the fact that this
was not a popular lens) why.>>>>

Hi Jim,

I think it just wasn't fast enough for many of the Leica sports or news
photographers who required to shoot indoors often. Or night action games. I
used one during the Winter Olympics at Lake Placid in 1980 and I could
never get the right feel of it, so never pursued getting one.  I really
wanted a faster lens and knew that a 280 or 300 2.8 or 2 was in the works.

ted