Subject: Re:"Of Meters & Men" * 26 Meters Tested
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:56:14 -0500 (EST)

     Having nothing better to do, while recuperating from the flu,
 I gathered up 26 Leica's with meters & just meters alone to test.
 I used a 18% gray card with the cameras & incident light with
 the hand meters.
     The M6, R7 & Canon A1 were all in exact agreement with the
 Lunasix, so I used their readings as a control as they are used by
 my wife or myself and known to give the proper exposure most of
 the time. They read different  areas but since I was using the gray
  card - it didnt matter. No M5 or R8s were used.*

    15 of the other 20 were + or - 1/2 stop and the MR4, Norwood
 and Westons varied from meter to meter about + or - one stop.
 Of the selenium cell meters, only the Weston, Norwood & MCs
 were still active.  As I had more than one of some items, if they
 were in accord - I counted them as only one.

    *I didn't have a R8 to test but from what I hear on the LUG the meter
 is one of the best features of the R8.  My wife likes the "R" Leicas
 but she says the R8 just doesnt  FEEL RIGHT  in her hands.
 As she also picked me for a husband, she obviously must have poor
 taste in Leicas & men.

    Marvin Moss