Subject: RE: M-2 Help
From: Kim Sherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 12:08:13 -0600

Doc,

Thanks for your opinion--it's much appreciated.  I currently own a late
model M-6, and until a few days ago, owned an M-4P too.  I sold the M-4P
for relatively close to what I paid for it, and was wanting to find a very
clean M-2 as a second body.  I've used a friend's M-2R (it's in user
condition, not collectible condition) and love the simplicity of the M-2s
framelines.  I like the fact only one frameline at a time comes up.....my
lenses are a late model 35/2 Summicron and 50/2 Summicron, and then the
lenses that came with my CL (40/2 Summicron and 90/4-Elmar C).  I figured
the M-2 was the best all around body for me, given the fact I want to own
an older M-body and I already have an M-6.

I'm not looking to sell the body after getting it fixed---just want to have
one to use.  Still, this one might be too much money, given I want it as a
"user."

I'm headed to Huntsville for the show, and I'm taking the M-2 with me.
 I'll let you know whether I kept it after I return.

Thanks again, Kim