Subject: M-2 Help
From: Kim Sherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 10:40:25 -0600

Good morning,

I am in need of some advice, if any of you have the time this Sunday
morning.  Yesterday, at the Nashville camera show, I purchased an M-2 body
(971XXX) with box (good condition) and metal Leica body cap for $950.  The
body is in EXC++ or better condition, cosmetically.  The shutter fabric
appears fine, the top plate is perfect but for a couple very light bright
marks.  No dings or dents or impressions or rubs--there are a couple bright
marks around each strap lug.

The Leica seal is still intact.

The rangefinder is very bright--no problem there.  The alignment is ALMOST
right, but though the vertical alignment is perfect, the horizontal
alignment is a TAD off.  I know this would be very easy to have adjusted.

Shutter speed is where I'm a bit concerned.  Going through the speeds while
looking at a bright light with the back plate off, everything seems fine
till you get to 1/15 and down.  These need some adjustment, I believe.

My question to the group is whether you think, after I send it off to DAG
or another fine repair person, that I will have too much in this body.

I have the option of sending it back to California at any time during the
next couple weeks, OR, I can drive to the Huntsville show today and
personally return it to the dealer and get my check back.

Your thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Kim