Subject: Rapidwinder questions
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 18:14:20 +0100 (BST)

I've just got a new Rapidwinder from a dealer and it has some mechanical
problems such as the lever leaning at a strange angle rather than being at
90 degrees to the base, and the lever not folding away into the base but
being stuck at this strange angle. So I'm sending it back to get it fixed.
But I have a question for anyone who is familiar with Rapidwinders; this one
does not have the circular collar or ring that is on my M6 baseplate (or on
the M winder) that shoves the film up into place on the take-up spool when
the baseplate or M winder is put onto the camera, and keeps it in place
there thereafter. Having the film correctly aligned on the take-up spool
with the Rapidwinder fitted appears to be a matter of making sure the film
is in the right place when loading and hoping it doesn't move down the
take-up spool subsequently. So my question is this- is this how the
Rapidwinder usually is? Confirmation of this would be reassuring.

Joe Berenbaum