Subject: Leica shots on inkjet - printer recommendation.
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:04:49 +0100

Hi Guys.

For those of you into digital processing rather than sloshing chemicals
about, I thought I'd just give you my first impressions of my very new
inkjet printer - the Epson Stylus Photo. This differs from most of the
opposition in using a five colour ink cartridge (plus black), and it
certainly lives up to its claims of much subtler gradations in prints. It
is, of course, designed specifically for photographic reproduction.

Comparing some original Leica prints from my recent trip to BC, Canada with
the inkjet output confirms that 'Leica warmth' has survived thru the
digital mangle. It's reasonably fast too - a full A4 print takes about six
minutes, and a 6"x4" less than two.

Software is easy to install on a Mac out of the box, and you can choose
between automatic colour balancing and a wide range of manual adjustment.
Believe it works on PCs too.

Anybody interested can find specs. on the Epson home page. No commercial
connection - just very impressed.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst