Subject: Re: Ricoh lens
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk (Jeremy Kime)
Date: 22 Oct 97 11:11:00 GMT

Thanks,
This is the sort of feedback I'm interested in, someone who's used the lens.
I've been looking for an affordable 28mm lens to use on my Leica, the Rokkor
prices have risen to about $750 here and I only have a couple (?!) of ropey
Komura 28/3.5 models. The Ricoh seemed to offer good optical reviews (over
here) and modern design (impressive) and through the trade deal (explained
today) an affordable route. The Leica lenses have certainly been bulky in
comparison.
My thoughts are that if it's dire I sell it as a desirable rarity here and
acquire a Rokkor.
I'm right in thinking that they need the framefinder cam altering to suit
the M6 aren't I?

Jem

A far better question is why would you want one? I have the GR-1 itself,
and while I like using the tiny camera, the lens isn't its strong suit. As
P&S cameras go the lens on the Nikon 28Ti is a more detailed lens with
about the same corner fall-off at 2.8. My Rokkor 28 for M is a much nicer
lens if you want a tiny 28.

I don't get it.

Tom