Subject: Re: Lens information
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:41:57 -0700

On 21 Oct 97,  Simon Ogilvie wrote:

> Would anybody be able to tell me the dates of manufacture and
> approximate values of the following lenses?  (both in mint condition)
>
> 50/2 Summicron-M  #3541654 = Can only guess at this one.
                                                        ~1990 or later.

> 90/4 Elmar-SM  #1603271 = 1958, sure!

I never presume to put values on them, except for me. Ck. dealers for
similar condition and S/Ns. and adjust accordingly.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

           Thought for the day:
       Work is accomplished by those who have
       yet to reach their level of incompetence.