Subject: Re: Real Leica
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:21:40 -0400

Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com> wrote:

> Perhaps a body for an m-6 pin-hole Leica?
>
> Seriously, don't laugh...try putting a piece of aluminum foil on the
> front of the m-6 body flange...and then make a "clean" pin-hole through
> it. Put it on a tripod...and wha-la...

I just noticed in a recent catalog that Calumet's selling pin-hole er,
lens-replacement things for various cameras:  they seem to consist of a body
cap, some thin metal stock filling a place in the middle, and a
presumably-precisely-punched little hole.  Seemed a mite pricey given the
doable-yourself nature of the item, but not so far out of line that I wasn't
tempted simply to avoid the bother, especially if they're nicely constructed.

Typically, the Leica M ones were the most expensive;  I don't know if that's a
what-the-traffic-will-bear pricing decision, or because they use gen-yoo-wyne
Leica body caps.

They quoted an effective focal length and aperture, which I can't dredge out
of my tortured brain now.  The M ones had a shorter EFL than the various SLRs,
as expected.  Anyone have the latest Calumet catalog near the computer, to
fill in my blanks?

- -Jeff