Subject: Re: Joys of spring
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 20:49:06 -0400

<<<so I stood behind her (she only noticed me for a second) and took
pictures of her silhouetted against a bright light and included side-lit
cops from headlights.>>>>>>

Eric,

A photographer of class would only do this! It is treating another human
being like you would want to be treated yourself!

<<<Sad story, but the M6 made my life much easier, and my unobtrusive
approach made life easier for the police and less stressful for the
victim.>>>>>>

And that's what sorts out the "fine caring photographers" from the rabble!
Others would have just jumped in and started flashing away and sending the
poor woman into fits of hysteria and crying, as well as pissing off the
police officers for making their job that much more difficult!

They don't teach this "caring thing" in Journalism schools, as it is Just
"in your face flash, cameras and TV lights and video cameras!"

Humanities are all but forgotten! :) Thanks for upholding the badge of
photographer honour for us, compared to the sleeze bag paparazzi!

ted

ted