Subject: Re: Visoflex / Jim / Marvin
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 16:10:55 -0700

At 04:44 PM 10/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
><< . And I don't think a Visoflex can help you here.
> You'll have to use the M camera with the built-in Visoflex. The M/Viso/R,
> nicknamed R. >>
>      Jim - you know as well as I do, that the Visoflex was being phased
> out at the same time that Leitz began production of the Leicaflex(1964).
> The Viso which originally was designed to be used with the long lenses
> past 135mm that couldn't be used with a conventional RF Leica or for
> the photog. that either couldn't afford or didn't want to buy 2 cameras.
>      The 65/3.5 Elmar is the shotest lens that can be used on the Viso
> and is quite desirable as it can focus from  infinity to 1:1 (same size).
>
>   Marvin

Marvin,

I guess I'm dense. But I do not understand what you said here??? Or why you
said it??? Maybe you are reading my post a little too literal. Read between
the lines. Because of all of the Leica R bashing that just passed, my
attitude was a little on the facetious side. In simple terms, I was
saying... You cannot use a Viso on your M, to eliminate parallax, for wide
angle work. For ease of photographing, you need an R (or Leicaflex) camera.
I was (am) calling a SLR Leica, an "M/Viso/R", probably just to bug those
people that believe there is no use for an R "Leica". After all, those
clever Leica people built a camera around the Visoflex and called it a
Leicaflex.

Jim