Subject: Re: Visoflex / Jim / Marvin
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 17:59:41 -0400

At 04:44 PM 10/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>      Jim - you know as well as I do, that the Visoflex was being phased
> out at the same time that Leitz began production of the Leicaflex(1964).

Well, but it wasn't.  The Visoflex III remained in the Leitz Catalogue
until '84 and remaining stock lasted three or four years after this.

Several lenses were introduced, in fact, for the Viso a decade after the
original Leicaflex was introduced.

If anything, Leitz was considering killing the 'flex and keeping the Viso:
the M's sold and sold and sold, but the 'flexes didn't.  It was the R which
got Leitz to consider keeping the SLR line in production, I suspect.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!