Subject: Nikkor Lens to Leica mnt found
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 15:38:02 -0400 (EDT)

    While rummaging through one of my cabinets, I came across an
 adapter made in Germany by "Novoflex".  It is called a LEINIK and
 adapts Nikkor lenses to LTM or with an IRZOO to "M" mount, of
 course the bug is that it would not be coupled.
   It took me a while to figure out what I could of ever used it for, then
 placing it on my Leica ground glass jig - it was sharp at any dis-
 tance & matched the footage scale perfectly.
   Then I remembered that Nikon & other companies had made mirror
 lens in from approx. 500mm to 1000mm,  long before Leitz came out
 with their unsharp 500/8 (at least mine was).
   This adapter would allow the use ( via VISOFLEX ) of almost any
 Nikon lens on the Leica.  Checking further, I found that Novoflex and
 some other companies have made adapters for almost any major
 lens to be used on the Leica.
   It seems that a very limited selection of lenses were made by Leitz
 before the advent of the "R" camera and that fact alone is worth the
 price of admission of the great "R" lenses to the real world.

  Marvin (Leikon) Moss
  * now you know why I picked that screen name, its just that my PC
 suffers from advanced Alzheimers.