Subject: Re: 85 1.4 vs 90 2.0 R lenses
From: Jack & Christine Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:03:32 -0500

hmphoto wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with both the 85 1.4 Summilux and the 90
> 2.0 Summicron R lenses.  Besides the 85 being faster are there any
> advantages of that lens over the 90.

(STUFF DELETED FOR BREVITY...)

> Harrison McClary
> http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto

Harrison:

I use both lenses...and I PREFER THE 85MM...simply because it gives a
much brighter viewfinder image on my R-5 and my R-6.2. I haven't done
much shooting with either lens at greater than 2.8. But if you are
older...and wear bifocals...the brighter image FOR VIEWFINDING AND
FOCUSING is MUCH NICER. I know that as photogs we all are interested in
how a lens performs with the film. But, over the years, I've come to
realize that with an SLR, how a lens "viewfinds" is equally as
important.

Just a thought...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton