Subject: Re: Pretenders to the Throne
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 23:01:23 -0500

At 09:07 PM 10/15/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I can buy a thread mount Leica lens and put it in on vintage Canon
>rangefinder, but the Canon is still a Canon.  If I were a talented
>machinist, I could adapt R glass to another camera.  Glass is a secondary
>issue.

No, it's the air inside the camera that makes your pictures special?

It IS the glass that counts. You can put a piece of junk Sigma 70-210 2.8
in front of a Canon EOS1n, or Nikon F5, and you'll still get less than
optimal pictures. You use a Leica R3 with a 70-180 Apo 2.8 zoom, and you
get pure Leica.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO