Subject: Re: Shawn's got it - Really got it
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 21:18:27 -0400 (EDT)

 My God Shawn - I think that you've got it -- you've really got it!

  Marvin - Mud & XXX

In a message dated 97-10-15 18:20:07 EDT,  Shawn wrote:
<<
 It seems that Mr. Gandy was attempting to make the point (quite
 successfully, in my mind) that the word
 "Leica" is more than a brand name which is stamped on the body of the
 camera at the factory.  It is also a certain mystique, heritage, and
 perfection of design which has endeared so many people to the M cameras.
 It is a feeling, much like the elusive "bokeh", which makes cameras such
 as the M's a thoroughly unique experience in photography today.  It seems
 that the R cameras, specifically the R8 as it is referred to by Mr.
 Gandy, lack this quality in that they are merely an interation of the
 common SLR camera.