Subject: Re: Re: What is a Leica
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 02:49:18 -0400 (EDT)

Eric,

Reflexes as a type preceded RF's; but that's not the point. The point is that
a classic Leica provides a different empowerment which can be traced to that
precision mechanical link to those great fast lenses. Especially the 50mm's,
which are my favorites. In my experience Leitz could achieve it going way
back to the early 30's.

One of the most valuable books in my library was done by Mr. Knopfe who owned
the publishing house of the same name. He used a T Leica to make portraits of
his authors. He knew very little about photography -- but a lot about those
writers. The Leica made those impressions real. I doubt whether another type
or make of camera could have done as well in his hands.

Bob