Subject: Re: Alf's Leicas don't have winder problems / please read
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 13:59:55 -0400

At 10:07 AM 10/14/97 -0500, Eric Welch, erratic soul but dedicated Leica
user wrote:

>Like who gives a rip if a lens is made in Canada or Germany? Collectors. Do
>we rely on collectors to determine what is more usable? I don't think so,
>though some are certainly no doubt great users as well, it's their shooting
>ability to determine that, not their knowledges of obscure Leica trivia.

Eric!

	Please!  You'll never be permitted into Court Tennis with such a, well,
STRONG approach to things!

	I have Canadian Leica lenses.  Shockingly, they produce pictures identical
to those shot on lenses made in Wetzlar (TM) or Solms (TM).  For that
matter, my glove-box camera is a SINGAPORE Rollei 35 with a SINGAPORE
Tessar.  Shockingly, it produces shots which are as grand as those from the
German 35's with honest-to-Ernst-Abbe Oberkochen Tessar's I've owned.

	QA counts.  Reputation doesn't.  Let your conscience be your guide
(credit:  Jiminy Cricket, great Leica photographer, circa 1955, about the
time Eric's dad was sort of considering maybe ... ) (but us old-timers DO
remember Jiminy, an inspiration for troubled times, as is Eric).

Best wishes to all,

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!