Subject: Re: Camera Bags (my opinion)
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 97 23:43:32 -0400

>The bag is easy to work from. The bag opens via a zipper down the middle
>which allows direct entry for grabbing stuff. The outer cover folds back
>out of the way. The main compartment opening can be snapped open. Built-in
>snaps are positioned so you can fold the zipper sides back and snap them in
>place. The bag now gapes open for really easy access. Billingham seems to
>have thought of everything.

Jim,

There are two snaps inside the front lip of my Billingham 225, but I
always thought that they were there to hold a removeable liner or
something. Prompted by your message, I went and looked and found that
there are also two snaps inside the zippered front compartment. These two
sets allow the main flap to attach inside the compartment in front of it;
this forms a fairly rigid front lip for the main compartment. I usually
fold the lip over but never realized that I could open the front section
and attach it like this. Very cool.

I don't remember that this bag came with a diagram or instructions. This
is really a clever design. Am I the only person that didn't know this?
Now I like this bag even better.

Thanks, Jim. How did you learn so much from just sitting in your parents'
basement?

- - Paul