Subject: Re: Those Silly R8 Screens!
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 08:07:25 -0700

On 12 Oct 97,  ted grant wrote:

<snip>

>I only see with my left eye, so I need
> the motor more than a two eyed shooter who can work with his right eye
> and not have to take the camera away to advance and reset shutter.
>
> Besides when I'm working I'm moving or the subject is and as long as I
> can keep the camera to my eye, I'm not missing the moments. Well not
> too many! :)

Ah, you finally lit the lightbulb. I finally understand your greater,
than most, reliance on the motors. Obviously you can't refine the
technique of squeezing off the shot and reflexively winding on in one
smooth "no think" motion. To most normal right eyed shooters, even the
wind on pressure and force variations aren't much of a factor since the
action becomes quite automatic and constant.

Did you lose sight in your right eye during your life or were you born
without it?
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
      that they are right, whether they are or not.