Subject: Re: Ted, Jim & Winders & Wives
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:16:04 -0400

Marvin Moss wrote:

<<<<On the few times that I have used hers, I kept getting 2 shots every
time I clicked the button,>>>>

Hi Marvin,

The winder transports the film at 2 frames per second and I'm sure what
happens is you hold down the release a touch longer that is what happens.

In other words if you were to hold the release down constantly the camera
will continue to fire two frames per second until the end of the roll and
will stop as soon as you lift your finger or reach frame 36.

What may happen in your getting two firings sometimes and only one at
other, is the pressure you put on the release. There isn't any adjustment
other than developing a light finger touch for the release button

Quite often I have my motors set for full automatic at 4 frames per sec and
still touching the release I can fire one frame at a time. In this manner
I'm always ready to fire a burst if necessary, right to the end of the roll
if necessary without ever taking the camera away from my eye.

It isn't a problem with the winder as it is functioning quite properly, you
just need to use less pressure on the release.

One way to get the feel is with an empty camera (more economical) and try
the different pressures with your firing finger. In this manner you will
learn just how the camera / winder work.

Set the camera to "manual" and a high shutter speed then just hold the
release down and you'll find it going whacka-whacka until you release the
pressure oor it comes to 36. When the camera reaches frame 36 it will
aotomatiacally stop (film in or out) and with no film in the camera just
open and close the back and it will re-set to zero and you can keep trying
it until you develop the "feel of the release"

Then try touching it with the camera to your eye as though shooting and
then you can feel how the different pressures create the different firings.

I don't believe you have a problem with the winder, it's the touch to fire
that requires a little fine tuning. :)

ted