Subject: Re: Those not so Silly R8 Screens!
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 04:29:50 -0400

Jim wrote:

>I stood by and still stand by my convictions. The rakers didn't make a
>dent! the Universal screen should be an option, not the norm.

I don't think that the Ground Glass screen is universal either.

I own a GG + grid, but I always go back to the Universal screen,
specially for wide angle in the action.
(on a tripod I use the GG but only because of the grid.)
Maybe it is my eyes but I am never really confident with the GG.
If I had two camera bodies, then I will use both screen.

I hope that for the R8, Leica will offer an Universal screen with a grid =
!!

Lucien
BELGIUM