Subject: Re: CL
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:52:05 -0700

Hi Jim -

If it is a 40mm Summicron and both items are truly mint, then I believe
$850 to be a reasonable "retail" used price. In fact, a camera shop might
even charge a little bit more. This is not to say that there still may be
up to $150 "bargain room" for you if dealing with an individual who is
ready to sell.

I love my CL, prefer the 40mm Summicron to the Rokkor, and am amazed at the
quality of the 90mm Elmar-C.
One of my favorite combinations for street photography is the 21mm
Elmarit-M on the CL. People tend to just think you have a really weird
looking point&shoot, if they notice it at all.

BTW, I found a great carrying case for CL with 40 & 90 lenses, plus film
and a little table-top tripod. They all fit neatly in an Aladdin hard-shell
plastic, insulated lunch box that I found at a garage sale for $1. It has
an over the shoulder strap as well as a handle. The insulation helps keep
things cool, since I often carry the kit in the car, and it protects
everything when sliding around in the car or banging against door frames.

The CL is really a fun little camera.

Gary