Subject: Re: Loading M3
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:01:33 -0400

The Quick-Load Kit was a Leica product, 14260, introduced in 1968 and still
in the '75 General Catalogue.  It dropped out around 1980.

These are common and, while some dealers try to sell them for an arm and a
leg, you can often find them quite reasonably -- I recall I paid $5 for
mine from KEH.

The downside is that they are not nearly as effective as the M3/M2 system
and have been sarcastically called the 'Never-Load' kits.  The M3/M2
system, while cumbersome, is sure and certain;  the never-load kit is
unreliable.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!