Subject: Telephotos for M3
From: Howard Sanner <70357.3471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 23:25:46 -0400

   As I disclosed in an earlier post, I bought an M3 about two weeks ago. The
lens is a 50mm f/2 DR Summicron with eyes. I'm still trying to make friends
with it. The body dates from 1959 and the lens from 1958, according to
several tables of serial numbers.

   Eventually I'd like to get 90mm and 135mm lenses. I'm concerned about
getting lenses whose contrast and color rendition will be close to that of
the 50mm Summicron. Looking through Laney's pocket book, it appears that the
90mm f/2.8 Elmarit and the 135mm f/4 Elmar might be appropriate, given their
dates of production. Is this so? What would be better choices? Frankly, I'd
prefer a faster 135mm. What is the effect of the eyes on the 135mm f/2.8
Elmarit-M on the M3? How would it match up with the 50mm Summicron? What
about prices for these?

   Thanks for the advice.

                                          Howard Sanner
                                          70357.3471@compuserve.com