Subject: Re: Subject: Weltanschauung
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 12:36:44 -0400 (EDT)

At 03:19 PM 10/8/97 +0100, you wrote:

>Tina,
>
>I agree with you on those so called artists. (I agree even more with you on
>Calvin and Hobbes.)
>
>But besides lots of unattractive unartistic un-whatsoever unsharp underexposed
>pictures I have seen only ONE of them which got me: It was a closeup portrait
>of a face showing pain that I even now while writing it I feel uncomfortable.
>So I don't think it is the unsharp/underexposed pictures which are bad, it is
>the not existant message. Besides the message "hey I am a beginner taking bad
>pictures"!
>
>If I understood your post right this was the main problem, the pictures did
>not say anything.
>
>christoph

Right, Christoph!  Robert Capa's ruined photographs of D-Day communicate the
chaos of war.  When I look at a photograph and cannot answer the question
"Why did the photographer take this picture?", it has failed to say anything
to me.  Thanks to everyone for your opinions on Weltanschauung!!   Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>